Fast Banana Spice Protein Muffins (80 cals and 8g protein each)


This recipe is a little less natural (uses artificial sweetener and protein powder with artificial sweetener), so I usually make them just for me since my son and hubby don't eat artificial sweeteners.  I'm sure I could adjust them to make them more natural, but this is my quick, go-to sweet banana muffin recipe that is low enough in calories and high enough in protein that I feel fine indulging.


Fast Banana Spice Protein Muffins (makes 6)

Ingredients:

1 medium banana pureed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (or can just use cinnamon)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sweetener of choice (or to taste)- might be able to skip, if your protein powder is sweet (I just haven't tried, personally).
2 tblsp soy or whole wheat flour (can use different flours, but the calories will be slightly higher)
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (I use Aldi brand which is 170 calories and 30 g of protein per 2 scoops)

(optional: dried cranberries, blueberries, raisins, chocolate chips, or nuts - not included in calories)

Procedure:

1. Combine all ingredients (I add the flour and protein flour last and whisk to get rid of lumps).
2. Pour equally into a 6 muffin regular-sized muffin tin-- greased or with liners.
3. Bake for 15 minutes in oven or toaster oven at 375F or until toothpick comes out clean.


Nutrition facts:

Entire Recipe/ Per Muffin:

Calories: 475/80
Fiber: 4.5g/ 0.75g
Fat: 13g/ 2g
Protein: 48g/ 8g

Share:

0 comments