Edible and Nutritious Chickpea Cookie Dough (177cals per recipe and very filling)


So, as I am just about to enter my third trimester of pregnancy, I have noticed my body screaming and whining more for sugary, simple-carb, nutritionally-empty treats. Last night I dreamed about a multiple layered dark chocolate cake with a whipped chocolate frosting...  But I woke up before I got to taste it - isn't that just the worst??? I remember this happening with my last baby too.  Maybe it's the increased fatigue at this stage (bathroom visits and active baby kicks all night long will do that).  Whatever it is, this time around I'm trying to exercise more self-control in the unhealthy cravings department. I have one cheat day a week where I let myself indulge. But the cravings are all week long, so I also have gotten more creative in finding healthy alternatives to keep me satisfied.  This is my most recent concoction.


Edible Chickpea Cookie Dough

Ingredients:
1/2 cup no sodium chickpeas
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter Powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder (for taste)
1.5 tsp sweetener of choice
1.5 tsp mini chocolate chips
(optional) water or milk for looser consistency
(optional) Oat flour, flax meal, protein powder, or flour of choice if prefer a more traditional texture

Directions:
Throw everything except the chocolate chips into a food processor and blend till smooth. Enjoy.

*If you wanted to make these actual cookies, you could probably mix in 2 tablespoons flaxmeal (60 additional calories per recipe) or 1 egg (70 additional calories) and bake for 15 minutes (on parchment or greased cookie sheet) in toaster oven at 350F.  I haven't tried this yet, but when I do, I'll update this with how it went and picture. If you try it, write me a comment on how it went.  Quick and easy personal cookie recipe, I suppose, if it works out! 

Nutrition per recipe (not including optionals):
Calories: 177
Fiber: 5.5 grams
Protein: 8.5g
Fat: 4.75g



Share:

0 comments