Healthiest Chocolate Brownies EVER




I love brownies.  I love Chocolate. I'm trying to lose weight.  Usually those three facts would not work very well together.  However, I have concocted a brownie recipe that is so healthy that you could eat a whole pan of brownies in a day and feel good about it afterward instead of guilty-- because the ingredients are THAT good for you.   These brownies are moist, high in protein and fiber.  I sometimes even start my day with a 1/4 pan of them for breakfast!  YUMMY. A whole 1/4 of the recipe is only 200 calories (250 with greek yogurt frosting)!

Without further ado, here's the recipe.

Healthiest Chocolate Brownies EVER

Ingredients:


2lbs of cooked, drained carrots (Makes about four cups of puree)
2 bananas mashed(ripe)
4 eggs
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp vital wheat gluten (optional--but I like it for the added protein punch! If you don't use it, I'd add one more egg.)
1 cup splenda (or sweetener of choice)

Directions:

1. Combine carrots and banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour into a 8-9 inch round cake or cheesecake spring form pan or a 13x9 pan.  I line mine with parchment paper, but you can grease it otherwise.
4. Bake at 350 for 40-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  If you don't want cracking, can use a waterbath.

Serving suggestion:

Tastes delicious with peanut butter on top.  Or, for a lower calorie option, you can mix 2 tbsp PB2 with 3tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt and splenda to taste (or sweetener of choice) ~50 Calories!





Tags: flourless, gluten free, vegetarian, low carb, vegetable based dessert, healthy dessert

Share:

0 comments