Fruit-Sweetened Chocolate Bars






Been wanting to experiment with fruit sweetened chocolate options for Romo (my 19 month old who is not allowed to have added or artificial sugar). This is what I tried out tonight... and it's really quite good. 

Has to be enjoyed frozen, but definitely hits the spot - not to mention I can eat a LOT without guilt. These pictured are made with sunflower seeds and craisins. To be honest, I didn't share any of this batch with my toddler, because I was craving chocolate and I ate ALL of it. Tomorrow I'll make some for him!

Banana Chocolate Bars

One recipe is 140 calories (add ins not included) and makes 16 little squares (four bigger squares-- essentially two large bars of chocolate). 

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana pureed in food processor.
1.5 tablespoons cocoa powder 


(Optional add ins: craisins, nuts, coconut, or you could make Reece's cups by making them in muffin tins and cupcake liners with a layer of unsweetened peanut butter in between layers of chocolate)


Directions:

Combine pureed banana and cocoa powder, mix well, and pour into molds with any add-ins  (I used old, washed Scentsy molds for mine, could also pour in pan lined with foil or parchment and make into a bark). Freeze. Enjoy once frozen. 

Share:

0 comments