200 Calorie Mousse-Like Peanut Butter Dessert

Moment of honesty, here... Sometimes I just want to eat a JAR of peanut butter. In college, I remember doing exactly that!  I would chow down on a bag of Ritz crackers dipped in about a cup of peanut butter-- straight from the jar-- without even thinking twice about it.  This habit caught up to me by sophomore year, of course, when I realized I'd gained the freshman 15# (or, in my case, 20!). Now that I'm checking labels, I read that there are 200 calories per 2 tablespoons-- so my 1 cup of peanut butter splurges were like 1600 calories-- NOT EVEN COUNTING THE RITZ CRACKERS!  That's the amount of calories I'm trying to eat in a DAY, now.

Sadly, for adult metabolisms, unless you work out ALL the time, you cannot just chow down on peanut butter. But, thankfully, God gave us brains to come up with healthy alternatives to our guilty pleasures.  So the following recipe is how I indulge when I want to FEEL like I'm eating a jar of peanut butter.  And it packs about 30 grams of satisfying, metabolism boosting protein (not to mention probiotics)!

In the recipe I use nonfat yogurt, but you can use full(add about 100 calories) or lowfat yogurt (add about 50 calories), if you'd like.

Peanut Butter Mousse-ish Dessert

Nutrition Facts: Calories: 190, Carbs: 17g, Fiber: 4 g, Fat: 3g, Protein: 28g, Sodium: 253, Sugar: 9g

Ingredients:


1 cup plain fat free/lowfat Greek yogurt (Fage 0% was used for calorie counts)
4 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter (I use aldi brand)
Optional sweetener of choice if you prefer sweeter taste, but I enjoy as is.

Procedure:

Mix together (I use a fork to mix) and enjoy!




Share:

0 comments