Chocolate Bean Ice Cream


Beans and chocolate are made to go together, I have found, and it's marvelous!  This is the recipe I've been making for my son, who is not allowed to have added sugar.  Sometimes I'm too lazy to do the ice cream maker, so I just pour the mixture into popsicle molds.  My toddler will eat this in ANY form, even in the "smoothie" stage before freezing at all.
  
Fruit-Sweetened Black Bean Ice Cream

Ingredients:
1 cup black beans (can use other type of beans)
3 bananas
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup dates or prunes
1 cup milk

Directions:

Blend up all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.
Now I place in an ice cream maker and follow the directions. I also sometimes pour into popscicle molds and make chocolate ice cream pops. My toddler loves them!

Blender Version:

2 frozen chopped bananas
1/2 cup black beans (rinsed and drained), frozen or chilled
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla
Dash of milk (or enough to get it to blend)
Sweetener to taste (optional)

Directions:

Blend ingredients together adding just enough milk to blend and reach desired consistency.

Share:

0 comments