Chocolate Bean Hummus



New favorite snack: Chocolate bean hummus!  It's great on almost anything you would use Nutella for, except it's lower in sugar (can be sugar-free), higher in fiber, protein, and antioxidants.  A great sugar-free frosting substitute for kids! My favorite way to use it is to make a peanut butter and chocolate hummus sandwich on whole wheat bread for dessert. Or as a snack spread on low sodium Triscuits (sometimes also with peanut butter).

CHOCOLATE BEAN HUMMUS RECIPE: 
(about 400 calories for entire recipe if made sugar-free)

Ingredients:

15.5 oz can low sodium beans of choice (I used black beans) rinsed
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sweeten with sweetener of choice to taste (for myself, I use Splenda, and for my kids I add pureed banana or other pureed fruit until desired sweetness is reached)
(Opt. Milk of choice to thin if you prefer a thinner consistency)

Directions:

Blend together in a food processor and enjoy!

Serving Suggestion:  Whole wheat English muffins with peanut butter!



Share:

0 comments